I am so excited to be a part of this project! I hate the stigma surrounding mental illness and suicide. I think making it difficult to talk about just shames people. Even right now, as I am writing this, I feel that fear that comes with admitting I struggle. Facing it just makes us all brave. Let’s be brave together.
I am not my illness!
I am a mother, a student, a daughter and granddaughter, a lover, a volunteer and a friend. I do have an illness, though. I have been diagnosed with Bipolar I, with Borderline traits. I have anxiety and PTSD, as well. I have attempted suicide, and still struggle with the ideation.
I have just finished my BA in Psychology, and I am ready to earn my Masters so I can make a real difference for others who struggle with mental illness. My goal by participating in this blog is to let readers know there are other people struggling, and there are ways to get help! You can overcome, even when it is hard! Mental illness is real, and we are the face of it.

No comments:
Post a Comment