-Queen Elizabeth II
I feel like I am pretty successful. However, I have no idea how I became that way. I, like Queen Elizabeth II, don't think there is a certain formula for being successful. I believe anyone can become successful, regardless of the circumstances. However, I do believe that, out of everything that can possibly make someone successful, inspiration is the most important.
I feel that those who are suicidal have lost inspiration. It can be easy to not be inspired to do anything when nothing brings you joy. It is also easy to get caught up in a boring, mundane schedule and lose inspiration that way. Or maybe you are getting ready to go back to school and are not able to find any inspiration to begin the school year. Whatever the circumstance, I feel like that lack of inspiration keeps us from being successful.
When there is no inspiration, our choices become even more important. Without inspiration, it can be easier to choose the negative. That means telling ourselves that nothing brings us joy because we don't deserve joy, or refusing to change the schedule because we know the schedule is safe, or even affirming in our mind that this will be a crappy school year. However, we can always choose the positive. With the positive comes inspiration. Saying it will be a good school year brings positive experiences and the opportunity to make new friends. Changing the schedule brings the chance for something new to inspire you. For me, refusing to give in to thoughts of suicide led to the inspiration to go into mental health. Whatever your inspiration, it can be hard to find it unless you give yourself the opportunity to do so.
No comments:
Post a Comment