-Kelly Brook
There was a time when I thought I was Superman. I wanted to be the hero who showed no fear, could handle any challenge, and save any person. There were so many things wrong with that philosophy. When someone did not get better, I blamed myself. My abilities weren't enough for that person. I needed to be better. I soon then despised myself. Then, because I cared more about other people, I neglected myself. Finally, I found myself a broken shell of the person I was. I felt like I failed everyone around me.
The thing about it, however, was the people around me moved on. It wasn't a big deal to them, or if it was they got over it. As it turned out, the only person I truly failed was myself. I didn't care for myself, I didn't love myself, heck I barely liked myself.
Those of you who are or who were struggling with suicidal thoughts probably feel the same way. You go through life, feeling horrible about yourself, like there is nothing good about you.
What I learned was that life is not an all-or-nothing. I am not superhuman, nor am I worthless. The same is true about everyone on this Earth. We are not perfect. We are flawed. But those flaws make us unique and beautiful. There is good inside of you, just like there is good inside of everyone. When you learn to identify the good along with bad, that is when you can truly learn to love yourself.
| Image from: http://www.famous-quotes.us/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/love-yourself-quotes.jpg |
Hello Nikki So good to know you thorugh your jprofile on the blogger and the blog post. I am glad to stop by your blog post and know about the SPARC. I will be so glad to know whether this Organization has its branches in other countries. God willing I will be coming to the States in the month of August and will be so glad to stop by your town/ city and have some more information about this SPARC. I am in the Pastoral ministry for last 37yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with great contrast where richeset of rich and the poores of poor live. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have young people from your church or friends circle to come to Mumhai to work with us during their vacation time. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you.
ReplyDeleteHello Nikki So good to know you thorugh your jprofile on the blogger and the blog post. I am glad to stop by your blog post and know about the SPARC. I will be so glad to know whether this Organization has its branches in other countries. God willing I will be coming to the States in the month of August and will be so glad to stop by your town/ city and have some more information about this SPARC. I am in the Pastoral ministry for last 37yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with great contrast where richeset of rich and the poores of poor live. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have young people from your church or friends circle to come to Mumhai to work with us during their vacation time. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you.
ReplyDelete